Are you passionate about mobile? Do you love explaining the latest app to everyone and anyone for productivity purposes? Are you looking for a career in business development?
ShowGizmo is an established fast growing tech business with our HQ in Wellington and a global team.
We create mobile event technology for organisations that drive audience engagement and success, before, during and after events.
We’re looking to establish a world class demand generation team to support our team of Account Executives serving our Australian, New Zealand and North American markets.
As a Sales Development Representative you will play a crucial role within the Sales & Account Management team – you’re our front line. The fundamental objective of the role is to be responsible for meeting quota requirements through prospecting and lead generation. Daily duties will include:
- Actively prospecting for new business opportunities through outbound initiatives including cold calling, email, lead sourcing, & researching organisations in our target market
- You’ll schedule quality appointments and meetings with prospective clients for the Account Executives to attend, and work to support your AE team to close the business.
- Championing 60-80 outbound sales calls/day to prospective clients
- Generating a pipeline of business opportunities by receiving and responding to inbound sales leads and converting them to new business
- Qualifying opportunities and progressing them further along our sale process – Nurture and qualify new leads that turn into quality demo appointments
- Providing support to qualified prospects and customers including follow-up, product information demonstrating how features and benefits match their needs
- You will build a relationship with prospective customers, understanding their business issues and how we can address these, with a view to hand these over to our AE team when most appropriate.
- Coordinating sales activities within internal stakeholders and customers, and contributing to regular sales meetings
- Work closely with Sales Managers & Marketing on various projects that are in support of the entire sales team
This is a an excellent entry level sales opportunity which allows you to start at the ground floor of a fast paced, growing sales environment. The company structure will allow you to develop your skills in a supportive environment where you will have the opportunity to move into a fully functional Account Executive role if successful. We will help you cultivate your business acumen, software knowledge and sales skills to become a Sales Professional
Skills and Experience required
- Drive and determination to hit targets, beat quotas, exceed expectations
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize high volumes of work
- Professionalism and tact
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to build rapport with people quickly and authentically
Reports to: Sales Manager
Hours: Full time, flexible
Compensation: Base plus commission
Contact Ryan O’Connor to apply or find out more
One of Australasia’s longest standing event app companies, ShowGizmo is announcing a new focus on Associations for 2017.
Since launching one of the world’s first event apps in 2010, ShowGizmo has now powered thousands of events throughout the world with their suite of native whitelabel and owned event apps. “We’ve served clients from all industries and sectors over the years, as event people as well as mobile specialists. Helping to create awesome events has always been a huge driving force for us,” said CEO and Co-Founder, Marie-Claire Andrews. The company was recently named one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 in the APAC region.
“Our experience with Associations in Australasia and the USA have consistently been positive, we really love the collaborations that Associations foster, and we want to continue to help make that a possibility for these vital organisations by ensuring their requirements are front and centre for our product development,” said Marie-Claire.
In a nod of more to come, ShowGizmo has confirmed 2017 partnerships with two of Australasia’s leading Association industry bodies: The Australasian Society for Association Executives and Associations Forum. Both will be utilising ShowGizmo’s technology as a year-round platform to digitise the way they communicate with their members.
“Face to face events are still our core business, and we’re going to continue supporting them as always, but we want to help Associations and other organisations leverage the possibilities that year-round mobile interactions offer. Our partnerships with AuSAE and Associations Forum is a sign of great things to come!” explained ShowGizmo’s COO, Ryan O’Connor.
David Browne, Executive Officer of the Professional Teachers’ Council (PTC) NSW is looking forward to showcasing his 45 member associations a digital platform throughout 2017, “I’m excited to offer the platform and I’m confident of great adoption, not only because of the opportunities to cross promote events, but because our app will also be an attractive tool for our associations to attract sponsorship.”
Events on the Edge. Being based in New Zealand means a lot more than Hobbits and Kiwis….it also means we’re driven to innovate (which is great news for the rest of the world)! Check out the article here
Increase engagement for your association members with event tech: Earlier in the year we hosted a webinar all about event tech for venues….and y’all loved it! So, incase you missed it, or wanted a refresh here’s the recording for you to enjoy!
A cool idea for show swag: Our friends at misprint.co create notebooks from your waste paper – a sustainable approach to show swag…added bonus, it’s unique and pretty funky!
Suchcrowd: Wouldn’t it be great if you could test your event before you commit to it? Suchcrowd let’s you do that…genius right?!
Codecamp: Earlier in the year our CTO organised and ran a workshop for developers in Wellington. He summarised his event planning experience and his learnings about his own product. Give it a read here
Global Meetings Industry Day: We we’re so excited to be working with the Meetings Mean Business team this year to product the official app for Global Meetings Industry Day. Missed it? Read up on it now in preparation for GMID17!
Forbes most stressful jobs: Guess what….event planner made the list!
We’ve all been to averages networking events…you know the type, awkward icebreaker games, stagnant atmosphere and what feels like a room full of people who aren’t actually interested in networking. Surely they can be better, right?! Read “Taking the work out of networking” written by our one and only, Zaf Burns.
IACC’s meeting room of the future: We worked closely with IACC this year to help predict, create and shape what the meeting room of the future looks like. The resulting research has been fantastic to see…clearly you’re all equally as passionate about the future of the meetings industry as we are! Access the findings here