ShowGizmo Limited is a highly ambitious technology company building for world domination! ShowGizmo has been improving the event experience for attendees and driving benefits for organisers around the world since 2010 and is now the market leader in Australasia. You may well already have used our hugely popular smartphone app at previous events you’ve attended. Currently headquartered in Wellington, NZ, we have sales representation in the UAE, India and Australia and we took the big leap of launching into the USA late in 2015, now managed through our US subsidiary ShowGizmo Inc.
We’re seeking independent directors to help us drive and deliver our strategic plan over the next phase of international growth. The combined skills and experience we require from our board include (but are not limited to):
- Involvement with a Start-up/High Growth company at Founder/CEO/Board level within the last 5 years.
- Deep knowledge of digital/new media (software not hardware) and interest in keeping up with the play.
- Recent experience of working in the US market — optimal would be 5 + years within last 10 years.
- Recent experience in M&A and/or IPO.
- Excellent understanding of financial management principles to drive growth
- International events industry involvement.
We currently don’t have a director with events industry experience and would be particularly keen to hear from people with that background, but we’re interested in adding depth in any of these key areas. What’s most critical is that you’ll have an international perspective — you’ve lived or worked offshore or for a multinational organisation — and you’re agile, as ambitious as we are and excited about our product and people and what we can collectively achieve.
If this sounds like you, please click here to register your interest and receive our application form and a copy of our Board Terms of Reference covering the detailed expectations of the role. If you’d like to chat with me, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +64 4 499 1969
Applications close 12pm Monday 20 June.