EDIT: This position has now been filled, thanks for your interest and keep an eye out for vacancies in the future!
ShowGizmo is a fast-growing and successful high growth start up, with headquarters in Wellington, New Zealand. We deliver awesome event apps to global clients and have been doing it for five years. We’re attracting new clients every week, and keeping up with the trends as fast as we can – and to help us succeed we’re looking for another web developer to help take our products to the next level.
What’s the role?
You’ll be working closely with us as a part of our team and with our clients to help create awesome event experiences. We’re looking for a web developer who can help us create and maintain our web apps, including mobile web event apps, sales sites, dashboard, and more. You’ll be crafting web apps, and working with us to understand our customers’ needs and improve our platform.
- Have completed a Computer Science degree, diploma or similar, or have equivalent knowledge and experience
- Have a passion for writing lean, clean, and accurate code
- Have a solid understanding of fundamental web technologies like HTTP, DNS, web browsers and servers, etc
- Be a great communicator and be happy to work in a team collaborative environment or independently on tasks
- Be able to work in our HQ in Wellington
- Be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and SCM tools
- Experience with Git or a similar source code management tool
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- A fun work and supportive team work environment
- Opportunities to work on diverse projects and to grow your skills
- Coffee, cupcakes, kitty pictures, etc 🙂
Immediate start! email email@example.com with your CV and your skype handle