ShowGizmo is looking for another amazing sales person to help us find and close new customers in the events market throughout the world. Previous technology sales experience is preferred but not essential. What is essential is that you love mobile, you’re intrigued by making events more awesome, and you’re motivated by solving client problems and closing deals.
If that’s you – read on:
The role requires a good understanding of attendee, exhibitor and organiser needs for conventions, tradeshows and conferences. Hands on experience in developing, deploying or selling event technology or running events will be a big plus for you.
As a sales representative you will be responsible for developing new business and closing deals. Our team and continuous layered marketing efforts across Australia and the world will help you prospect, so you can focus on pitching and closing.
Things we need you to be great at:
- closing business
- asking questions, listening to answers, positioning our product competitively
- figuring out what is working and leveraging this
- forecasting accurately, hitting your numbers, being a structured sales professional
- telling the truth, selling with integrity, honouring our customers and our team
- creating and conducting customer presentations and proposals via GoToMeeting
- negotiating pricing and contract terms and conditions
- effectively co-ordinating all aspects of the sale from start to finish to new sale
- working collaboratively with our other sales team members – this is NOT a role for a ‘hustler’, ‘killer’ or other aggressive type temperaments. There’s room in the events industry for everyone to win, especially with our awesome product.
Your experience and who you are
- sales experience preferred but also happy to hear from brilliant business developers, rainmakers and anyone who knows they know how to influence and negotiate
- knowledge of selling technology/service solutions
- strong face to face AND over-the-phone sales consultative skills
- exceptional interpersonal skills, customer focused, goal oriented, self motivated
- a team player – we have other sales team members who you will work alongside and support to ensure the right people are closing the right deals so we all win
- ability to learn, use and enjoy technology
- ability to work efficiently in a high pressure environment
The role has a base salary and an uncapped commission plan. The world is your oyster.
It’s based in Wellington and we’d like someone to start early in 2015
Contact Marie-Claire (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.