Are you passionate about mobile? Do you love explaining the latest app to everyone and anyone for productivity purposes? Are you looking for a career in business development?
ShowGizmo is an established fast growing tech business with our HQ in Wellington and a global team.
We create mobile event technology for organisations that drive audience engagement and success, before, during and after events.
We’re looking to establish a world class demand generation team to support our team of Account Executives serving our Australian, New Zealand and North American markets.
As a Sales Development Representative you will play a crucial role within the Sales & Account Management team – you’re our front line. The fundamental objective of the role is to be responsible for meeting quota requirements through prospecting and lead generation. Daily duties will include:
- Actively prospecting for new business opportunities through outbound initiatives including cold calling, email, lead sourcing, & researching organisations in our target market
- You’ll schedule quality appointments and meetings with prospective clients for the Account Executives to attend, and work to support your AE team to close the business.
- Championing 60-80 outbound sales calls/day to prospective clients
- Generating a pipeline of business opportunities by receiving and responding to inbound sales leads and converting them to new business
- Qualifying opportunities and progressing them further along our sale process – Nurture and qualify new leads that turn into quality demo appointments
- Providing support to qualified prospects and customers including follow-up, product information demonstrating how features and benefits match their needs
- You will build a relationship with prospective customers, understanding their business issues and how we can address these, with a view to hand these over to our AE team when most appropriate.
- Coordinating sales activities within internal stakeholders and customers, and contributing to regular sales meetings
- Work closely with Sales Managers & Marketing on various projects that are in support of the entire sales team
This is a an excellent entry level sales opportunity which allows you to start at the ground floor of a fast paced, growing sales environment. The company structure will allow you to develop your skills in a supportive environment where you will have the opportunity to move into a fully functional Account Executive role if successful. We will help you cultivate your business acumen, software knowledge and sales skills to become a Sales Professional
Skills and Experience required
- Drive and determination to hit targets, beat quotas, exceed expectations
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize high volumes of work
- Professionalism and tact
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to build rapport with people quickly and authentically
Reports to: Sales Manager
Hours: Full time, flexible
Compensation: Base plus commission
Contact Ryan O’Connor to apply or find out more
Do you find yourself drowning in a sea of data? Do you get overwhelmed by the number of event technology options and frustrated by how difficult it is to get them to work together to save you time?
APIs are the secret sauce to holding amazing events. They enable powerful event technology tools to share data and seamlessly integrate with each other. This connected data can save you time, improve your event ROI, and help you run more impressive events.
We’d like to invite you to the first in a series of free monthly webinars about Event Intelligence—designed to help you become a genius event manager.
This month’s webinar will help you understand how to select and implement different best-in-breed technology to create a unified solution for your technology needs. You’ll get actionable tips and downloadable templates that you can take back and implement in your day to day work.
By attending this webinar you’ll learn:
- How to use tools like APIs to connect your data
- How to use that connected data to improve event ROI
- How to use event tech integrations to power content at your event that drives meaningful engagement
Hosted by Hubb CEO and founder Allie Magyar, you’ll learn from her fifteen years in the event management trenches.
Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Time: 10 am PT / 1 pm ET / 7am NZT
The Event Intelligence webinar series is brought to you by The Event Tech Tribe. Who are we?
The Event Tech Tribe is a collaborative ensemble of best-in-class event technologies that have chosen to work together technically, but more importantly, to coordinate at a client level. We’ve brought together similarly minded companies and built a way of working that puts the customer first. Every member of the Tribe is run by an experienced event professional, culturally hard-wired to think like an event planner, using technology to get results, rather than just for technology’s sake.
To our customers, partners and friends – we’re only ever an email or phone call away even during our Dec/Jan holiday period.
Please call: NZ: 04 887 1844 AUS: 02 8599 7234 USA: 855 811 5202 and press 2
Please email email@example.com
We have a skeleton staff working from Friday 23rd December until Monday 4th January. This means that
- we may not be able to respond to your emails and calls as fast as we love to do, but rest assured we will attend to them as soon as we are able and always as we have agreed with you.
- it would be great if you could send us anything you need us to do in this time, by Friday 23rd so we can schedule it in appropriately.
- we are shipping a reduced number of apps during this period- but that’s typical for an app company as we’re also waiting for the Apple crew to come back from their holidays.
- you may see out-of-office replies on some of our emails, there’s a few of us who will be escaping to the beach (it’s summer in NZ!) but we’ll always let you know who else to contact.
Thanks again for all your support, hope you too have a restful break!
One of Australasia’s longest standing event app companies, ShowGizmo is announcing a new focus on Associations for 2017.
Since launching one of the world’s first event apps in 2010, ShowGizmo has now powered thousands of events throughout the world with their suite of native whitelabel and owned event apps. “We’ve served clients from all industries and sectors over the years, as event people as well as mobile specialists. Helping to create awesome events has always been a huge driving force for us,” said CEO and Co-Founder, Marie-Claire Andrews. The company was recently named one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 in the APAC region.
“Our experience with Associations in Australasia and the USA have consistently been positive, we really love the collaborations that Associations foster, and we want to continue to help make that a possibility for these vital organisations by ensuring their requirements are front and centre for our product development,” said Marie-Claire.
In a nod of more to come, ShowGizmo has confirmed 2017 partnerships with two of Australasia’s leading Association industry bodies: The Australasian Society for Association Executives and Associations Forum. Both will be utilising ShowGizmo’s technology as a year-round platform to digitise the way they communicate with their members.
“Face to face events are still our core business, and we’re going to continue supporting them as always, but we want to help Associations and other organisations leverage the possibilities that year-round mobile interactions offer. Our partnerships with AuSAE and Associations Forum is a sign of great things to come!” explained ShowGizmo’s COO, Ryan O’Connor.
David Browne, Executive Officer of the Professional Teachers’ Council (PTC) NSW is looking forward to showcasing his 45 member associations a digital platform throughout 2017, “I’m excited to offer the platform and I’m confident of great adoption, not only because of the opportunities to cross promote events, but because our app will also be an attractive tool for our associations to attract sponsorship.”